Website Flexible Business Systems
Technology Network and Project Engineers
Flexible Systems is the leading full-service technology company on Long Island. We provide the highest quality strategic and innovative technology consulting services to our clients. Flexible Systems is the IT support and consulting company that business owners look to when they want results. We believe it’s our responsibility to challenge the status quo and find ways to protect, implement and optimize technologies to drive our clients’ businesses. In short, we help our clients get clarity out of complexity.
We are seeking to expand our Infrastructure Team with the addition of Network and Project Engineers in our brand-new office located in Hauppauge, NY.
What you will do
As a member of the Infrastructure Team, you will work at our client sites implementing technologies as well as the configuration, installation and migration of new hardware and systems. Our engineers are skilled at troubleshooting software and hardware issues in complex, dynamic networks using the latest solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with other team members when presented with a challenge beyond your expertise and learn from their experiences.
- Working knowledge of networking: LAN/WAN firewalls, web filters, DNS, DHCP, OSI model, VPN, switching, VLANs
- Windows Desktop/Server environments: PC deployment, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, DFS
- Microsoft Office 365: Email, Outlook, Word, Excel, Flow, Teams, PowerBi, Intune, Sway, OneDrive
- Identity Management: Azure Active Directory, Windows Active Directory, OKTA, MFA, SAML
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware ESXi, Hyper-V. Advanced configurations including shared storage and clustering a plus.
- Working knowledge of storage technologies and has worked with iSCSI, direct attached, NFS, Fiber connectivity. Strong skills with SAN configuration and carving desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, DFS
- Working knowledge of server hardware including HPE Proliant and Dell
- Working knowledge of storage technologies and has worked with iSCSI, direct attached, NFS, Fiber connectivity. Strong SAN troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Citrix and associated products such as XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler
- Knowledge of VPN configurations including site to sites (L2L), IPSec, SSL client configuration.
- Experience with networking gear such as HPE /Aruba, Cisco ASA, Catalyst, Aircnet Dell PowerConnect, Sophos UTM/XG Series.
- Experience with Azure cloud solutions.
The Ideal candidate should have
- A minimum of 2 years of technical experience troubleshooting network connectivity, protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Possess at least 2 minor certifications (A+,VCA, CCENT, & MCSA) OR at least 1 major certification such as (MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate advanced technical and non-technical concepts to various levels of personnel.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and multitask as this position requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot, prioritize and problem solve.
Why work for us?
Our consultants are a talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of core consulting with specialized skills in their respective areas of expertise. Our employees are our greatest competitive advantage. We know that you have many options where you could work. It’s our job to provide a great work environment so you’ll choose to stay with our company because YOU view it as the best place to work on Long Island. We will offer you challenging opportunities, a competitive salary, excellent benefits, work-life synergy and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.