A video systems manufacturer was growing fast. The company was constantly adding new employees. And with the addition of each new employee, IT staff was slowly getting buried in work. They were required to track all license agreements, expiration dates and which version of the agreement was being used. The task was getting bigger each day.
The company was running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. They were using Office 2007 and had multiple file servers for files. They needed a solution that would address these problems – and turned to Flexible for help.
Purchasing new hardware was getting expensive, and the company wanted to start operating in the cloud. They also wanted the ability to migrate to a subscription based licensing model and have continuous access to the latest version of Microsoft. To support future growth, they also wanted to:
- Move files to the cloud
- Improve office communication
- Migrate email to the cloud
- Eliminate capital expenditure on licensing
After evaluating the company’s objectives, our Technology Advisor recommended a solution that would accomplish their goals.
Flexible implemented Office 365. This solution allowed employees to install the latest version of Microsoft Office Professional on up to five devices. The company transitioned their on-premise Exchange Server to the cloud based Microsoft Exchange Online, and migrated company file shares to SharePoint Online. Lync was implemented to provide streamlined employee communication with instant messaging, audio/video conferencing and desk share services.
Office 365 provided additional features and functionality, including the ability to:
- Create, edit and share Microsoft Office files, even if the user didn’t have Office installed on their computer
- Share files confidentially with password protection
- Work from web or desktop, switching easily between Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office programs on desktop with a single click
- Ability to access SharePoint Online from any Internet-enabled mobile device
After implementing the changes, the video system manufacturer regained control and eliminated time consuming tasks for IT staff. They could now easily maintain and organize systems better, with greater scalability for future growth.